Hi, my name is Hilary. Thanks for stopping by!
The first thing you need to know about me is that I love words. I’m passionate about communicating clearly and powerfully, about getting the point across and getting a response. I love words, and I love using them well. I know I’m a little unusual that way, but it works for me, so I can work for you.
I can edit, revise, or proofread just about anything that needs to look and sound good in writing. I’ve edited everything from academic papers to corporate newsletters, from news articles to fiction. I use my skills to help people find their jobs, sell their products, share their knowledge, and express their beliefs. If you want to know more about what I do, get in touch! I’ll be happy to answer your questions and discuss what I can do for you.
Wondering if I can help?
See if any of these people sound familiar.
I have a paper (or project, thesis, dissertation) due and . . .
- it could really use a second pair of eyes on it.
- I have great ideas, but writing isn’t my strong suit.
- I’m not sure how well I’m arguing my point.
- my teacher/professor is so picky about grammar, it always gets me into trouble.
- yes, I need to check for typos, but if I have to read this thing through one more time, I think I’m going to scream!
Academic editing can be a beautiful thing.
I know I need a résumé, but . . .
- I haven’t updated it in years.
- the one I have isn’t working for me.
- I’ve done a lot, but I don’t know how to explain it.
- what is it supposed to look like?
- I’m not good at talking about myself.
- what’s a résumé?
Professional résumé services can help you pursue the career of your dreams.
The Reluctant Writer:
I think I know what I want to say, but . . .
- I don’t know how to say it.
- it always sounds better in my head.
- it takes so long to make it look right.
- I can’t afford any mistakes with this.
- I HATE writing!
If it’s worth writing, it’s worth writing well. Some freelance work might be in order.